Monday, March 15, 2010

Flea Market Finds

On our Saturday trip, I think I mentioned I did a little antiquing. Antiques have been an obsession of mine since my early 20's, and there's nothing I love more than the hunt! : )

I spotted an old tin spice rack on a street vendor's table in downtown Globe. I didn't really need it, but when the owner saw me looking at it, she immediately told me it could be mine for $5. Sold! Later in a flea market on a side street, I saw an old round lamp table and knew immediately it would be perfect with a coat of off-white paint. I'd been looking for a bedside table, and it was the perfect size. The dealer only wanted $40 and it was solid as a rock, so I quickly claimed it and Craig hauled it out. The O-Cedar-Mop tin was simply an impulse buy. I just decided it'd be cute atop my kitchen cabinets.


My flea market finds.

After a trip to Ace Sunday morning for some dusty ivory paint and a little bit of time spent painting in the afternoon, the bedside table was finished. I'll let it dry a little longer before putting it in the bedroom, but I really like the way it turned out.


After my painting chores, I hauled out the ladder and placed the tin spice rack and the little O- Cedar tin in their rightful places on top the kitchen cabinets with my old white enamelware collection!



Now I'm thinking about the items that got away! Why didn't I buy that old wire basket? And why the heck didn't I measure that old mission oak library table? I might have to make a return trip soon!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Amazing Beck, would you be so kind as to transfer some of your positive productive energy my way?

Vee said...

I was thinking exactly what Jane said, Beck. Everything looks great - nice work!

Nancy said...

Beautiful table...a very good find! And I love your cabinets.

Life's a Beach! said...

Seriously, I don't know what got into me, but now I have the itch to use some more of that dusty ivory paint.

Nancy, the table was a great find. My grandmother had furniture like it in her house. Wish I had all of it -- I'd paint it white! HA!