Monday, March 1, 2010

My Kind of Margarita!


Oh my oh my oh my! We went to a dinner party Saturday night and the entire menu was just so outstanding! Chicken tamales, beef fajitas with all the trimmings, homemade salsa, homemade guacamole, and my favorite -- margarita ice cream. It was the BEST! Seriously! Great company, beautiful setting, and food to die for!

I asked for the margarita ice cream recipe and here it is! It's so easy.

Margarita Ice Cream

1/2 gallon vanilla bean ice cream -- softened
5 oz. frozen margarita mix
2 oz. tequila
Juice of 1 lime
Zest of 1 lime

Scoop softened ice cream into mixing bowl. The ice cream should be soft enough to stir. Add remaining ingredients one by one, stirring to combine well. Work quickly so the mixture doesn't become soupy. Place in freezer to firm up. Serve in salted margarita glass with a slice of lime. For some extra flair, you can garnish with lime zest or a sprig of mint.

Notes: The recipe suggests Hagen Daz ice cream, but I substituted Walmart brand. And I couldn't find the frozen margarita mix, so I used frozen limeade and it came out just fine! Absolutely wonderful! I think I'll try it with frozen yogurt or a no-fat ice cream the next time just to see if I can cut some of the calories/fat.

4 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

Oh, yes! yes! yes! That looks yummy. Ice cream is my weakness. Well....one of many.

Ann said...

I will be saving this, too--sounds great!

Jane said...

Sounds so delicious (that without your permission, have already copied and pasted recipe). Thanks for sharing.

Life's a Beach! said...

It is amazing -- and addictive. I can't make it again until it's a special occasion because I'll devour the entire half gallon! I just can't believe something so easy is that good!

I bet you could make a lot of other flavors using the same measurements. How about lemon drop ice cream?