Sunday, January 31, 2010

On the Road Again!

Not me! The kid! Michael's come and gone. It's always great to see him, but nice to get back to my boring life after he leaves. Part of his reason for coming home between events was to get his van serviced, so I played carpool mom for a couple of days. And there's always more cleaning and cooking when he's around. He's really into tea and breakfast, but cleaning up the remains -- not so much! He also likes to romp with Saby all over the house so he can make sure any room that's just been picked up returns to its former state quickly. Ha!

He arrived with tales from the road. His favorite celebrities at the Bob Hope Classic were William DeVane (I hadn't heard his name in a long time!) and Ron White (Love his sarcastic comedy!). Freddy Couples caused a huge commotion by wearing one of their shoes that's in low production. Now everyone wants a pair! He also mentioned Jack and I immediately assumed it was Jack Nicholson. I really have to get with it. Jack is obviously Jack Nicklaus in the golfing world. Now he's off to the Carmel area for the Pebble Beach AT&T where he'll be handing out those Ecco golf shoes to all the celebrities at the Pro-Am. He's really found his little niche in life and that's always exciting for a parent to witness. He promised to save Craig a Pebble Beach beanie, but his dad would really like to be a little mouse in his duffle bag!

Michael turns 30 in another week, so we celebrated his birthday early. This kid HATES having his photo taken. He was a great poser until he reached kindergarten -- then it was all over. But I managed to get a couple of not so great photos with my camera phone.


Craig and Michael at Cheesecake Factory. And no, we didn't eat the cheesecake. But my salad was great!

Happy 30th!

3 comments:

Becoming ??? said...

My daughter too! Hard to believe she'll be older than me! (Yes, I've lied about my age since 29; she called last year to say "I'm now as old as you!") Bye for now-back to "sleuthing."

Moongrl722 said...

Michael is cute! I can imagine my son, Jack (not Nicholson either) still running around the house with Ozzy when he's 30. They are quite rambunctious. On to Carmel, huh? Sounds lovely!

Life's a Beach! said...

Jane, it's really strange to have a 30-year old! And Jana, I think he does it just to bug me. He loves messing up freshly vacuumed carpet! Carmel. Must be the life!