Monday, January 4, 2010

A Little Taste of Mexico

We weren't at our usual beach location, but I felt like I'd made it to the border! I managed to find a little taste of Mexico on our California trip! When the sun turned to clouds, we headed to Old Town in San Diego. (Us and a LOT of Holiday Bowl fans.) After a half hour struggle finding a parking place, we spent several hours strolling the area looking at all the historic sites and Mexican clothing and handicrafts. It was a great way to spend a rainy afternoon!


The Mexican holiday decor was gorgeous!



Colorful serapes and dresses.

Love the kitty cat and the big talavera pot!

Adopt a chihuahua to take home?


Little strings of pots!



This woman almost looked like a mannequin sitting by the fountain in this historic courtyard.

More colorful wares!

Strolling mariachis. They were really good!

More colorful Feliz Navidad decor!

And some wonderful Dia de los Muertos art.


5 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful colors & photos--just what I needed this morning--all white here!

jeanie said...

Gorgeous! It will now be my mission in life to have one of those little chihuahuas!

Vee said...

How pretty and cheerful! The first photo reminds me a bit of our lobby here at work. We took down the decorations and put all the flowers away this morning. It was sad.

Isla Deb said...

Oh, my gosh...what beautiful colors! You really captured it well. I want to go there!

Bennie said...

What great pictures. I really like the colors.