Thursday, January 7, 2010

Good Intentions

I read an interesting New Year's article where the columnist announced her intentions for 2010. She substituted intentions for resolutions because she's realized she's obviously not that resolute about her goals year after year. So I guess my New Year's resolutions would also have to be classified as intentions since I'm rarely successful!

So what are my intentions for 2010?

Always at the top of the list -- lose weight. I always work on that one for awhile, and then fall off the wagon quickly. This last fall, I was doing quite well until the Isla trip. Then I fell off my lounge chair and landed in the sand after downing that first order of guacamole. Enchilada suizas, Bimbo products to get me through my Ida anxiety, etc.... Then Christmas and the holidays really threw me over the edge! But I'll once again give it a try!

Spend a month on Isla in 2010. I really should put this one in small print because Craig will probably have a cow if he sees it!

Seize the day! After this last year, Craig and I have both realized we shouldn't postpone things we really want to do. Live more in the moment, travel, hike -- do all that stuff while we still can! You never know what life will throw your way, so do it while you can!

Work online from home this next testing season. I think this one has already been derailed. We were given the option of applying for online or onsite work, so I quickly submitted an application for working from home. Unfortunately, I quickly got an automated email response that due to high demand for working from home, my application would be kept on file. In other words, don't get your hopes up! Bummer!

Get back in shape! My workouts got derailed this fall by knee pain, back pain, respiratory flu, etc..., so I'm having to work myself back into the old routine.

And last but certainly not least, win the lottery and buy a little California beach cottage. This one would do! Then I'd still have the money leftover for that home on Isla Mujeres!




I think this last one falls more under the category of pipe dream? : )

5 comments:

Ann said...

I have many of the same intentions. Especially the losing weight one. I'm not as active as I used to be--not working anymore--so the pounds are starting to creep up...Started a new workout this week--seems good & don't need lots of stuff to do it--but I know I won't keep it up on vacation! I'm taking a pedometer with me 7 will push to 10000 steps! that's the only way I won't gain any weight!

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I always walk a lot when I'm on Isla, but the weather that came with Ida derailed the walks. I'm working myself into walking longer distances here, but I'm still having problems with my hip and leg. I think it may be arthritis since it flared up with the colder weather. Have fun on Isla! I hope it warms up down there!

Isla Deb said...

Ditto on the weight thing. In fact, I'm looking into a gym today during my lunch hour. I've gained weight since I started this job at the university and it's getting harder to lose it as I get older. Yuck! (BTW, I like the idea of "intentions" as opposed to "resolutions.")

Moongrl722 said...

What a cute little house! I have the lose weight one, too! Sigh...I gained a few over the holidays, but I had lost a few last year. I'm a horrible dieter and an even worse exerciser. I wish I were one of those people with a fantastic metabolism who could eat anything they want and be thin. What I wouldn't pay for that!!

Life's a Beach! said...

Deb, it's definitely intentions instead of resolutions here! I started a new workout yesterday and pulled something in my back, so I guess walking will do for now.

Jana, I've always wished for that. I have friends who have no clue what life's like on the other side of the metabolism fence. I think we both need a cute little summer cottage like that!