Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Do you know how children sometimes give their parents gifts they want for themselves? When I was a kid, I always gave my mom a Whitman's Sampler (cheap chocolates) because I knew she wouldn't want them and I'd get to pig out! I remember my younger cousin giving my aunt little toy cars for her birthday.

So I'm thinking about giving Craig THIS for our anniversary in late June.

And the reason I'm doing that is so I can get this!

A couple of weeks of glorious sunrises and relaxation!

I know, I know. It's not exactly a Gift of the Magi situation. It's a little selfish! I wish I could go ahead and book it, but I know airfare and maybe even lodging will be a better deal in a few more months. At least it gives me something to dream about! : )



9 comments:

Jane said...

Oh Beck, you're making me feel so homesick!

Life's a Beach! said...

Jane, I'm homesick too!

MD in Texas said...

Do it!!! :-)

You deserve, Craig deserves it, and I want to meet you!

See, I am selfish too!

Vee said...

I'll bet Craig will love it!

Life's a Beach! said...

MD, I'm looking at July 2 now, so we'd get there before you left! I also might be pondering a few solo days, but haven't mentioned that to Craig yet. It seriously is too early to book airfares, but we're penciling it into the calendar!

And Vee, I know Craig will love that. Me, not so much. I won't pay to possibly be miserable on an all-day trip. The patch might solve the problem, but fuel fumes relly make me sick. But I might try a short snorkeling trip around Isla if I get the patch!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fair trade!!!

Linda
Isla Chica

Moongrl722 said...

Quite possible that we'll be there around that time, too. I think that it's a great idea, Beck. Craig certainly doesn't need more stuff! He needs a relaxing vacation. It'll be good for him, in fact. (I can justify anything)

Unknown said...

Whew - I was glad to see that was a whale! Sounds like a great anniversary trip for you both.

Life's a Beach! said...

Judy, I'm still hoping to get you and David down there! In addition to whalesharks, there have actually been elephant sightings on the island! Seriously! : )