Friday, January 22, 2010

Monsoon Afternoon!


I guess you'd say Saby and I are just nesting. This morning, the rain lightened up enough for me to put on a Goretex coat and take Saby on her daily walk. We've turned this dog into a little monster. She won't go in her own yard. She'll only give when she's walked to her favorite place four blocks away. It's usually not a problem, but in this weather, it's a pain. Aargh.

The sun came out by noon and I ran a few errands. I picked up a couple of items at the library that I thought would be ideal entertainment.


At Walmart, I saw the Pico de Gallo rotisserie chickens and remembered a recipe I'd seen on the Year of CrockPotting blog for chicken enchilada chili. I racked my brain to think of the ingredients and managed to pick up everything except the celery.



Once home, I decided to go ahead and make the pot of soup! I followed the basic recipe except for a few changes. I substituted a green pepper for the celery I didn't have, added extra cumin and halved the chili powder, and added the entire can of enchilada sauce because I figured it would go to waste otherwise.


Absolute yum! Since I wanted it quicker, I made the soup on the cooktop instead of a crockpot. By the time the monsoon had started again outdoors and Monsoon Wedding was on indoors, the enchilada chili was ready.



Craig missed a good one! He doesn't get home until late tomorrow night. Saby seemed interested in the soup, but I had to tell her -- not for Saby! (That's all I need is for her to eat beans!) There's plenty for leftovers this weekend!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Pico de gallo rotisserie chicken... Who'da thunk it? Great idea on making soup; it looks delicious! And again, Saby looks sweet in her towel. I love nesting. There is a big garden show today and I don't even want to go out. Movies sound fun!

Vee said...

Looks yummy, Beck! Now I'm hungry!

Life's a Beach! said...

Nancy, the pico de gallo chicken is two dollars less than the other flavors. They must think their targeted market won't pay more than that? But it has great spicy flavor!

Vee, I had the soup again yesterday for lunch. That's a keeper recipe!

Moongrl722 said...

Mmm! That sounds yummy, I'll have to try that one. I'm doing orange chicken now, so check my blog about it later for reviews. Saby = cuteness! She just poses for the camera so well.

Anonymous said...

That video sure looks like a fun movie!

Linda
Isla Chica