Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Come Hell or High Water!

My dad used to say that! And I'm now seeing some high water around here. It started raining yesterday afternoon and by evening, the drainage backup areas in the neighborhood were filling. The rain was steady all evening, at times bordering on a deluge.

Yesterday, I did make hay while the sun was shining! I started the morning with a long walk, and later a trip to Sam's to stock up (but I didn't purchase sandbags)!

Heavy rain is predicted again for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Since the ground is already saturated, I imagine motorists will be driving into high water and getting stuck by the end of the week. Major entertainment on the local news in Phoenix consists of watching vehicles drive through flooded draws. I admit I don't mind watching it! Arizona has a stupid motorist law, so if they have to be rescued, they pay the bill.

I really don't mind the rain. It's a welcome break from the monotony of that big yellow thing in the sky! (Not that I mind that sun!) Saby doesn't share my enthusiasm for the wet stuff! She absolutely hates having to go out in the rain. I guess she doesn't like getting her fancy fur coat wet!



After last night's walk, we dried her off with a towel and she kept it wrapped around her. We're pampering her, so she got a chewy as a reward. Evidently the growth in her mouth isn't hurting her if she can eat rawhide!

Craig leaves for Lubbock, Texas this morning. I begged him to let me tag along (ha!), but he said no. I should take him to the airport so I can keep his SUV. If the water gets high, my Bug might drown!

2 comments:

jeanie said...

That is the cutest picture of Saby ever!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks Jeanie. I'll tell her you said so! : )