Saturday, June 27, 2009

Here and There!

Another Saturday, another morning bike ride. We're a little late leaving because Craig has to mount my new bike basket. It comes in handy for carrying bread for the ducks and my camera! Anyway, once he was done, we were off!




First stop -- we have to feed the kids. They put a call out to us when we're a block away. QUACK quack quack quack quack. We're trying to teach Saby to be kinder to other animals, so we feed her a little piece of bread and she's content to just watch the ducks as long as they stay in the water!


Next stop -- a sunflower patch a couple of miles away. Actually, we took Saby home first.

The woman next door to us growing up had a sunflower patch. I tried to grow them once with no success. What could be so hard? They're a WEED!

On down the road, we encountered a patriotic scarecrow. Why don't I think of these things!

Anyone in need of a used Triumph? A little worse for the wear! Must be another O.C.D. collector! On the way home, we stopped at Basha's and shared a large diet Coke and a black and white cookie. And back home again. Craig fixed the power cord (that I cut in half) and trimmed and mowed the yard. And I took a morning swim in the pool.

More tomorrow on the 'staycation'!

2 comments:

Bennie said...

You look great on the bike.. But you can wear shorts now, you don't have to doll all up for a bike ride.

The sunflower pictures are so pretty. I never could get those weeds to grow either. I think they are beautiful, But mine never came out right.

No thanks on the Triumph. Stefan just sold his last week I don't need another one.

Life's a Beach! said...

Bennie, I tried to find the film clip of the Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz on her bike, but no luck! Craig said those Triumphs from that era rode hard? And the sunflowers? I usually only got one big bloom and then the thing died!