Monday, June 15, 2009

Dazed and Confused!

For some reason, Craig and I both thought yesterday was Father's Day. I don't know where we got that idea! Anyway, I had even reminded Michael to be sure and call his father yesterday.

We got up yesterday morning and decided to take a bike ride. While we were out, in honor of Father's Day, we stopped at the local grocery store for breakfast rolls and a newspaper. We thought about going out for lunch, but decided to get a rack of ribs from Sam's and some potato salad and just veg at home. Finally, Michael called in the middle of the afternoon. He had just gotten off the phone with a friend and had reminded her to be sure and call her father! The conversation went something like Why? Because it's Father's Day. Father's Day isn't until next week! LOL

So Father's Day is NEXT Sunday! Now I have the opportunity to actually do it right? Get Craig a card and little gift and go out for lunch!

While we were riding bikes, I once again spotted something bizarre! Remember the dog grooming van from Dumb and Dumber that looked like a big puppy dog? Well, we saw a pig mobile!


The sign on the Pig Van says No Butts About It! Love the little piggy tail.

And look at the snout on that mini-van!




4 comments:

Ann said...

Great advertising!

Vee said...

I just commented, but it's not showing up. Anyway, I love that van. We used to have a bugmobile around here, but I haven't seen it lately. Seems like it was a Terminex van.

IslaZina said...

I had the same feeling about the 14th
being Father's Day. At least now I can't use my birthday as an excuse not to get the greetings out!

Bennie said...

I'm with you Fathers Day seems really late this year. I would not have questioned you had you called me with that message.