Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bearing Fruit

Not long after these tiny fruit trees were planted on the side of our house three years ago, the tags got stripped off. So now I'm clueless as to what exactly I planted? There are three fruit trees and I think I requested grapefruit, orange, and lime, or did I? They haven't grown all that much, but I noticed over the weekend two of the trees have set fruit. I think I need to do some research and get educated, or maybe just wait until they turn colors? : )

Lime?

Torchglow Bougainvillea

(yeah I know this one's NOT a fruit!)

Grapefruit?

5 comments:

Isla Deb said...

Dontcha just hate it when that happens?! I guess you'll just have to wait until they grow in. Oh, well...looks like a good thing no matter what.

Ann said...

Could you tell from the leaves on the trees? Whatever they are I'm sure they'll be good!

Life's a Beach! said...

Craig and I both now agree that the last photo was a grapefruit and the first tree of the three was a lime. We're sure. That middle tree is the surprise tree. I guess it's lemon or orange! : )

Bennie said...

Wow great pictures. I wish I could grow citrus here. Hang in there and you'll figure out those trees. Just a Hint... The grapefruit will grow big!

Chrissy y Keith said...

Well, if it is a lime you are blessed. We have killed 3 lime trees in Scottsdale over the last 9 years. We loose them in winter. We now have a Limequat that produces year around.