Sunday, July 18, 2010

Little Basket of Heaven

My results from Seaglass Smackdown 2010 are in! Actually, that whole thing was just a fun joke. Let's just call this a big basket of heaven. The quickest way to unpack was just to throw all the seaglass and shells from Isla into one big wicket basket!


I got a nice little surprise when I put on my water shoes for aerobics in the pool yesterday. I realized they still had sand in them, so I knew I needed to clean them out. It suddenly hit me! I never remember to bring any sand home from Isla. I found a Corralejo shotglass to save my precious Isla white sand!


I've got to get with it cleaning and packing again! I just realized yesterday I leave Wednesday evening on my next journey. Michael and I will almost miss each other. He's coming home for a much needed vacation on Thursday, but hopefully he'll still be here for part of a day after I return. I booked my tickets and he planned his vacation without consulting each other. Oh well. He and Craig will have a Bachelor Blast. That sounds like fun unless I have to clean it up when I get home. : )

3 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

Your sea glass looks great. Isn't it fun that our favorite souvineers from the island are free? That makes me happy. And remember, Craig and Michael can't get too out of hand because Saby would tell on them.

Anonymous said...

Great finds!!! I love the small medallion-looking piece!

Where did you find the Corralejo shot glass?

Linda
Isla Chica

Life's a Beach! said...

Jana, Saby would join in and make the biggest mess! And it is amazing that it's free! And we're cleaning up all that 'broken' glass for them!

Linda, we're trying to figure out the medallion piece. Craig thinks it might be off the front of a wine bottle? When I get time, I'll do some searching online. I think the Corralejo shot glass came with a bottle my son bought here in Arizona. He should have bought 4 bottles so we'd have a set!