Monday, July 12, 2010

Colonias, Part II

I'm lying here having an extremely lazy day. I walked into El Centro this morning for exercise and to buy my fruit on Juarez. I was exhausted by the time I got about halfway home. I forgot to factor in the July temps and humidity! I found a forgotten bag of queso sabritas this morning and they are damn good! Maybe I'll have those for lunch, read a book, lounge by the pool, lie in the hammock, enjoy my infinity view, and continue the seaglass hunt. Sounds like a plan! I edited a few more photos of my walks through the colonias. Just another day in paradise! : )


I turned 21 in prison . . . . Ha!

Craig's kind of vida!


The owner here takes great pride in her hibiscus!

Behind a garden gate.



Coca-Cola everywhere!


Little altars everywhere.


This tortilleria does a booming business! There were lines earlier in the morning.


Local clothing and gift store.

Another fruit/vegetable stand.


Crayola house. I might add, some troll dolls are living next door!


Brooms always make me think of Sue!

Rustic beauty!


3 comments:

Jane said...

Thank you Beck, for sharing these wonderful treasures from Isla.

Nice to see the island looking so well.

couzin frank said...

Thanks for taking the time to keep us up to date on trip.Enjoying! Will send you PM on FB.

Moongrl722 said...

I love the crayola house!!