Thursday, July 15, 2010

Going, Going, Gone!

I wasn't gone in 60 seconds -- more like 11 hours -- but I'm back in the blast furnace I call Phoenix now!

The ride down to Isla always seems to fly by, but the journey home never seems short! It seemed especially grueling yesterday since I was lugging an excess bag of gear left by Craig. (I'm blaming Craig, not my seaglass addiction!) I literally had water pouring off me at the Isla ferry dock. I think it has to do with the diuretic I take in the morning for blood pressure, but I'm sure I looked scary. Call an ambulance scary! But once I got all that crap loaded, it was time to sit back and enjoy the ride!


Nothing like the blue and yellow ferry colors up against that crystal turquoise Caribe water!

A parting shot of Bally Hoo as they turned the ferry around.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.


A fun day out at the reef!


Great day for a sail, even if you are on the Albatross!


The fun's over once you hit Gran Puerto!


Hee haw! Hee haw! The joke was on me. I spent so little time in town, I had to buy a few things at the airport handicrafts store.


I caught a little parting shot of Playa Norte and El Centro as we flew by yesterday afternoon. It's hazy, but I definitely knew what I was leaving! Boo hoo!

Figured I might as well enjoy those airline points that got me there. Tequila lime chicken cold plate with a jicama salad. And I certainly didn't pass on the brownie.

Craig picked me up around 8:30 last night at the Phoenix airport. Saby was oh so glad to see me and ran patterns around the house. Now she's dead to the world in the middle of the family room while I do the household chores.

It felt so damn hot when we went for our 6 a.m. walk this morning. So I'm thinking July isn't such a bad month for us to spend on Isla! Hmmmmmmm. Maybe a month next year? (The hamster wheel in my brain is already spinning!) : )

4 comments:

Jane said...

Parting is such sweet sorrow. And you have a great sense of humor!

Ann said...

Great shot of the island from the plane. I almost always end up shopping at Los Cinco Soles because I don't shop much on Isla! Have enjoeyed all your reports!

Chrissy y Keith said...

Bummer that you had to come home to this terrible weather. How'd the pool hold up while you were gone?

Life's a Beach! said...

Chrissy, I'm sure I'll adapt in a few days to the temps. We had the pool converted over to chlorine. I threw a little bit of shock in it today and still need to figure out how to work the dang thing now, but it looks good.

Ann, that's really a great place to shop. I bought two cute little bags -- one to hold my cellphone when I walk, and the other to hold my camera and a little bit of money. Also found a little carved gourd with a nativity in it. I saw a lot of stuff I wanted!

And Jane, some people don't 'get' my sense of humor. : )