Thursday, July 29, 2010

Detour!

In the process of trying to get from Tulsa to Oswego last Thursday morning, an antique store reached out and grabbed me. Detour! I just happened to notice an antique mall sign in downtown Vinita, Oklahoma and all bets were off on what time I would arrive in Oswego!


The scene that made me stop. Antique Mall!

I'm into these old tins. It all started with a Dillons coffee tin that I picked up when we cleaned out Craig's mother's apartment.

I have a similar piggy bank I named Henrietta as a child.

This front window pulled me in!


Must have been the original blender?


Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Something I hadn't noticed before. Mexican Majolica. It was pricey, but maybe I'll see it somewhere else without the high ticket! I'd love to have some.


Anyone remember Cootie?

This brings back memories of cold mornings in the Oswego pool!


Love this old Kansas flour bag.


Old lunchboxes with startling prices.


Old crocks and blueware.


Was the Coast Line the ghost line?

I was able to extricate myself after over an hour of browsing and making a few small purchases. That's what I love about roadtrips! You never know when an antique mall or flea market's going to reach out and grab you! Next year, I'm driving so I can haul back larger items! : )

3 comments:

Ann said...

Lots of interesting things in that shop...I do remember Cootie! Thanks for taking us along on your visit!

Moongrl722 said...

I like the blue and white bowls in the window display. Vinita used to be where the 'State Nut House' was when I was a kid, so 'You belong in Vinita' meant something special. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Vinita. hee hee

Life's a Beach! said...

Jana, there's a whole 'nother story to one of the antique stores. A guy my age was on the phone to his sweetie and he kept sayin', "You just get a glass of iced tea, lay down on that sofa, and don't worry about it. I'm gonna take care of it." He said it about 10 times and I had a hard time not LOL. She was worried about him booking a room in Colorado Springs? Ann, I didn't have Cootie, but a friend did. But having cooties was a major grade school insult back then! : )