Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Watch What You Wish For!


I'm waking up this morning to the sound of God throwing potatoes in the bin! At least that's what my grandfather used to tell us. I love the sound of thunder, but Saby's cowering on the floor next to me and refusing once again to go out and take care of business. She gives us this blank stare when we ask her. She also refused to go out last night because it was storming. Hope the girl doesn't blow up!

Last night was the third night in a row of stormy weather (dirt, thunder, and rain again!), and it's the same this morning. I'm tired of looking at dirt (the pool needs cleaning again!), so I put a few photos through the paint machine. I need some tropical colors! Here are some blues and yellows from Kauai.



Ke'e Beach


Banana Joe's


Hanalei Afternoon


Hanalei Pier



5 comments:

Vee said...

God throwing potatoes in the bin, eh? I like that! You certainly remember some great tidbits, Beck.

Bennie said...

Poor Sabby.. I hope she got a chance to go out before she exploded.

jeanie said...

My heart goes out to Saby.My puppies were always terrified in storms. I love the potato explanation We were told it was angels bowling.

Life's a Beach! said...

Jeanie, I love the 'angels bowling' explanation. Vee, my grandfather was a funny old man. He tried to amuse all the grandkids. He'd let us out of his old 49 Ford and race us to town. We'd run on the sidewalk alongside the car and he'd let us beat him. He's also the one who taught me the 'Lotta Fat' phrase that got me slapped by the fat woman.

Bennie, she fortunately didn't explode, but she still didn't want to go out when I got back from the gym. She made up for lost time on her walk tonight. Fortunately, Craig was there and got to pick it up! HA!

Scottozoid said...

nice blues nice yellows nice fake painterly effect stuff thanks