Saturday, July 11, 2009

Some Favorite Places!

Now that our Isla trip for October/November is all booked, I've started thinking about all those favorite places and things on the island. One ritual I love is taking a stroll down Rueda Medina at sunset. The daytrippers have left, the vendors are less frenetic, and the commissionistas have headed home. And depending on the season, the sunsets can be sensational!

Another evening (or anytime after lunch) ritual is stopping off at Cool for one of those wonderful scoops and conversation. Rosemarie is one of my favorite people on Isla! We've spent a lot of evenings at Cool locations talking to old friends and new friends, feeding the kitties, watching the street dogs, etc... A half-half scoop of banana/coconut, banana/kahlua, or anything she makes is my favorite!

We love the French Bistro and practically anything on Victor's menu. It was one of the first places we ate on Isla, and we've kept coming back year after year.

What would dinner at the Bistro be without Petey!


Another favorite haunt is Bally Hoo! Especially for lunch on a hot day. The breeze and temperature out on that dock are wonderful! And the fish and chips or fish tacos! Yum.


And the views from Bally Hoo are sensational -- daytime or sunset!



7 comments:

Ann said...

We have many of the same favorites! Love the blackberry at Cool....really all the flavors!Thanks for an Isla fix!

Chrissy y Keith said...

ooo, purdy!

Isla Deb said...

Ditto to everything, Beck. Only a few months for you...hopefully, only a week or two for me??? Keep your fingers crossed! Great pictures!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks everyone! I wish I didn't have to wait over 3 months for a real fix, but I'm sure the time will fly by fast. HA! (Dream on.)

Deb, hope you get there before the end of July!

Vee said...

I also can't wait for you to go back to your favorite places, Beck, so you can share more photos and memories with us!

Islagringo said...

Cool is opening yet another location. Almost directly across from Rolandi's. I think I'll get in the car right now and go get me a big scoop of the Limon! It's still 95 degrees here at 10PM!

Life's a Beach! said...

Go for it Wayne! You deserve it. I love just hanging out at Cool at night talking to Rosemarie and the usual suspects! : )