Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Eating Crow


Well, I have to eat a little bit because this week at work has been quite pleasant. The project has actually been enjoyable, the pay is correct, and even the Whip is quite congenial. It's fun! Too bad they don't have a job where you just do field tests all year long!

There's even been a catered gourmet lunch left over from a seminar/workshop taking place in the building. Maybe the Whip was given an anti-bitch serum? Or maybe she really just had a horrible three weeks in May? Or maybe this is just a stress-free project for her! She also has her male posse with her in the room -- two charming younger guys, one an ex-NFL player. I guess that would put a lot of women in a good mood! : ) A group of us were talking today on break and we'll be a little sad to not be working together. We kind of bonded in May and just click!

Almost done, and then I can start my endless summer! (Culminating in a fabulous vacation to Isla in October!)


UPDATE:

Take that stinkin' crow off my plate! I'm not eating it! Craig said something interesting to me this morning before I left the house -- Watch out Becky because a leopard doesn't usually change its spots!

He must be clairvoyant because she was back in prime form bright and early this morning. Ever been reprimanded for showing up at your desk five minutes early? Must have forgotten to take the anti-bitch serum again! We were trying to figure it out in the break room and someone explained that she's Greek? Another woman wondered out loud -- Are Greeks abrasive? LOL

5 comments:

Ann said...

Glad to hear things are going better this time around! Oct. will be here before you know it.....

Vee said...

Happy to hear your work week is going well, Beck.

MD in Texas said...

Sounds MUCH better this time than the last assignment!

And endless summer sounds really fabulous!!

Life's a Beach! said...

It's over now! Plop plop fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is! : )

Bennie said...

That picture is just too funny. And I have to say I've yet to be reprimanded for showing up at my desk 5 minutes early.