Wednesday, July 29, 2009

How Time Flies!


After the comments on my Monday post, I decided to figure out how old I was on my first trip to Isla. I've always had a problem remembering my age! (Da' Nile ain't just a river in Egypt!) I came to the conclusion that I was 48 on that virgin voyage in 2002. I think the last seven years have been really tough on me because I looked a LOT younger in this photo! Ha! I need to figure out how to recapture my youthful glow! And here's the youthful Craig. I think we were at a restaurant on the lagoon in Cancun.

Here's another photo of Craig, male Bimbo, on that trip in 2002!

I know this sounds morbid, but we keep reminding ourselves now that we need to seize the day before we become too decrepit to travel and do all the things we want to do in this life. The events of this past year with relatives and friends have been a painful reminder that your ticket can be pulled at any time. I think I started a Bucket List somewhere in this blog! I need to unearth it and begin checking the list! (Ziplines have already been checked! HA!)

Here's a song from Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews that says it all!






4 comments:

Bennie said...

Great pictures Beck. Your right you need to enjoy life while you have it.

I don't worry about the way aging impacts the way I look. That's why our eyes start going bad when we get older, the fuzzier the picture the better we look right? I figure it's just the natural way to keep us looking good to our age group.

That was a great Kenny Chesney song.

Vee said...

That's a beautiful photo of you, Beck.

Moongrl722 said...

I think that maybe Isla IS the key to the youthful glow! Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. I know what you mean, tho, I know so many people who are in their 60s and even 50s who say "Oh, I thought we'd be traveling now, but blah blah blah (illness, whatever)". Carpe Diem. As much as you can!

jeanie said...

Love the song Beck and you and Craig look fabulous and still do!