Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's in a Name?



Sorry I've missed a day or so posting, but I'm struggling with 'mouse arm' from sitting at a computer all day clicking. I'm hooked on this song. They play it everyday on my commute home. Once I looked at the video, I'm almost sure there are glimpses of Kauai's Napali coastline and the Hanalei Pier in there. So now I know why I like that song so much! : )

But back to work. I'm starting to notice all the little bizarre details around me. I won't even talk about the whacko chick who sits in front of me (when she actually shows up!). But I will talk about names. There's actually a woman in my 'pod' with the last name Beer Wagon! I won't spell it correctly because I don't want her googling her name and finding it on my blog! Truthfully, I think if my son could find a woman named Beer Wagon in his approximate age range (this one's definitely too old!), he'd marry her just so he could hyphenate her name! Beer Wagon-McHugh. Tee hee. It'd fit him since he loves brewing beer!

I also have an acquaintance from work who invented her own last name. She said she never felt like her real name fit, so she legally changed it to one she chose. Let's just say it's something like Morning Flower. Craig and I have been racking our brains trying to come up with a new last name for me. He thinks Desert Flower. (And I think he's just sucking up with that one because it's so not me! Truthfully, he probably wanted to suggest Nut Case, but was afraid of the retribution.) Candy Lover is just too mundane. Hazelnut Frappe? Jelly Belly? (Maybe that one hits too close to home!) Anyway, I'm still mulling it. My maiden name was actually Bow Man, but I'm not into archery. And my married name is of Irish descent, and that really doesn't fit either. Frankly, I find it kind of amusing around St. Paddy's Day when people automatically assume I'll be talking like a leprechaun and BIG into the celebration. It's not really MY name!

So I'm still deciding who I want to be when I grow up. Any suggestions? And what would your new last name be?

By the way, I just heard that song on a Verizon commercial!

3 comments:

Bennie said...

Oh now you expect me to use my brain and a new name. I think the Jelly Belly you gave would fit me quite well. Or maybe Beef Eater (not the Gin). I guess Big Bratt would also work.

Oh and I'm sure Craig was playing it safe with Desert Flower. Smart, Smart Man.

jeanie said...

Great song Beck!

Life's a Beach! said...

Benny, my brain is over-logged, so I need someone to think for me!!! I like Big Bratt! Can I borrow it?

Thanks Jeanie. I need to see if I can find that C.D. at the library!