Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life is Good!

Sometimes you just get lucky! Well -- in little ways! On Sunday, we decided to treat ourselves to lunch at Bravi, a gourmet Italian deli chain, after we'd gotten our monthly haircuts. I'd gotten an e-mail notice that they were having a 2 for 1 sale on their gourmet thin-crust pizzas for all those NCAA basketball fans.

Craig ordered the Italian Sausage/Carmelized Onion thin-crust and I decided on the 8-inch Fire-Roasted Chicken Breast. And two fountain drinks. The guy at the register rang them up and said "That'll be $6.35." I was astounded. I quickly asked him if he'd forgotten the fountain drinks since my pizza alone was $7.00 something? He indignantly replied, "I GOT them. $6.35 IS the total!" I could tell he was thinking 'old people.' Bravi's over in an area surrounded by retirement communities, and I'm sure we appeared ancient to this guy. And he's probably just very tired of being questioned by old people like us who are obviously 2 cans short of a 6-pack. Anyway, I thought maybe I'd misunderstood and he'd said $16.35, so I just handed him my credit card. He ran the credit card and sure enough -- the total was $6.35. What can I say? I wasn't going to ask him twice after his initial reaction. Sold -- I'll take it!

Two wonderful 8 inch gourmet pizzas,

Two Diet Cokes,

A lovely outdoor table in the Phoenix sun.

A young jackass who insists the tab is $6.35.

Priceless!

To top it off, we ran into some friends and had a good time talking to them. Craig suggested we go buy a lottery ticket on the way home!

It's the little things in life! : )



6 comments:

Bennie said...

I like that, two cans short of a six pack... That's one I've never heard before.

Sounds like you got quite a bargain for your meal.

Ann said...

It's nice to get a good deal once in awhile--usually you just get overcharged!

Moongrl722 said...

What a deal! You deserve it, mi amiga.

Life's a Beach! said...

I'm hungry for it again! The weird thing is it was an e-mail type offer only with no signs at the place. We had to ask for the deal! I guess sometimes it pays to have to delete all those junk e-mails!

Sue said...

Looks like a delicious pizza! And what a bargain. Probably had a special but your old eyes didn't spot the sign that said 'drinks are included'? (just kidding)

Anonymous said...

Today turning into going back to our very own special hassle, how can you receive larger regular monthly awareness for a horrendous credit ratings individual pikalaina? The perfect solution is might not be just what you had been all set to get. The perfect solution is is usually to "think beyond your distinct proverbial box. In . Easy methods to acquire pikavippi report personal pikalaina thinking about the most reliable apr interest rates should be to Definitely not get hold of One particular! Otherwise, spend weeks correcting your very own hazardous kulutusluotto, and then have a "good credit score pikalaina" instead.

http://scholarspost.com/scholar/article.php?id=2901
http://d7.tripwalk.com/blogs/entry/Text-message-Loans-Get-yourself-a-pikalaina