Thursday, April 23, 2009

Almost Paroled!

It's pizza pizza day, so I know my sentence in computer prison is almost up! When a group nears the end of a project, the company orders pizza for all at noon! Woo hoooo! Only four or five more days. I'm already making my to-do list to accomplish once I'm back home. Exciting things like going back to the gym, getting a pedicure, going to the dentist, planting flowers, etc.... Can't wait!

And speaking of Johnny Cash, I've noticed more strange rangers at work. They call one guy Johnny Cash because he dresses totally in black. Black pants, black shirt, black jacket, black shoes -- black SUV! And I noticed the Black Widow yesterday on my way to the bathroom. She wears a huge floppy black hat at the computer -- literally, you cannot see a head or face. And she's cloacked in a black outfit. I expected to see a large red spot on her stomach!

Here's my mantra -- four (or five) more days! Four more days! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! The whistle's blowin'!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Hope the last few days pass quickly for you!

Isla Deb said...

Oh, c'mon, Beck...you're gonna miss it and you know it! lol Don't jobs like that make you appreciate being at home even more?!? It's always great being a short-timer. (Although I definitely will miss the stories about your whacko co-workers!)

jeanie said...

I still want to see pictures of these oddballs. LOL

Bennie said...

Oh Beck, have you arranged a ride home from Prison yet? You almost have a Country song ready to write here.

Life's a Beach! said...

Okay, I've got a funny wrap-up to pizza day. A woman I work with actually fell on the way out the door with her pizza. She wiped out on the asphalt. After she picked herself up, she thought -- the hell with it, I still want to eat pizza. Hers was smashed into the pavement. So she went back into the table where the Head Hoobie Doo was handing out the free pizza. She explained that she'd fallen down and wiped out her pizza. The Head of the Entire Operation said, "Did the pizza get in the carpet?" Fortunately, the head of our project had the presence of mind to ask the 50 something woman if she'd gotten hurt. (Her leg was bleeding.)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think someone's missing the empathy chip. So you can imagine the jokes that are flying around now! I might add, the carpet is very industrial and ugly.