Saturday, April 4, 2009

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow!

Guess what! Remember the photos of those houses I posted awhile back that were in foreclosure? They were across the main road from our neighborhood. I hadn't been over that way for a week. We rode our bikes past this afternoon and here's what we saw. This is ALL that's left. The remainder's being loaded onto dump trucks and hauled away.

picnikfile_wRHhJz

All three houses are totally demolished and that pile is it. What a gigantic waste!

100_6613

One of the houses in February.

5 comments:

Vee said...

OMG! That's terrible, Beck. All I can say is - Why?

jeanie said...

What a waste!

Life's a Beach! said...

Vee, it's called the developer went into foreclosure. So all three homes they started have sat unfinished for way over a year. That's the first demolition I've seen, but I'm sure we'll be seeing more. There are neighborhoods all over the place where the developers have gone belly up. The models sit empty with weeds growing all over the place. And the poor homeowners that already bought in those neighborhoods are just in deep caca. I imagine there were are also a lot of customers who lost their downpayments on homes that were never finished. A lot of builders require $50,000 down to start your house. Whether that would be protected in some way in an escrow account -- I don't know.

Bennie said...

WOW. This is horrible to see. I bet it was a huge surprise when you saw those houses in rubble like that.

Life's a Beach! said...

Bennie, it is horrible to see, but I guess I'm glad they leveled the mess since they were being ripped apart by contractors reclaiming their property and thieves. : (