Sunday, December 14, 2008

San Felipe de Neri Church

While we were in Albuquerque, we decided to take a quick tour of San Felipe de Neri Church. Founded in 1706, it sits on the north side of the square in the Old Town section of Albuquerque. San Felipe, named after King Phillip of Spain, is actually the oldest surviving building in the city. Having left Saby back in the hotel room, Craig and I were able to go inside this trip. Much to my surprise, pictures were allowed, so I took some photos of the altars. We were impressed with the beauty of the interior!











5 comments:

jeanie said...

Beautiful Beck!!! Thanks for sharing these with us.

Isla Deb said...

Great photos. The church really reminds me of the Missions of San Antonio...but the Missions are much smaller. One of them also has one of those glass-encased bodies of Jesus. I'll have to admit that some of the figures and statues in these old churches don't seem very comforting to me.

Ann said...

Beautiful, Becky! I'll ditto what Jeanie said, thamks for sharing--another place to add to my wish list to see!

Vee said...

I especially like the last one, Beck. And I've intended to mention that your new header is a hoot!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks everyone! Vee, the header is just a picture I found online. Must have been a sandcastle contest! There are a couple of other missions to the south that I want to visit soon. There's one just south of Tucson that's a beauty!