Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Old Town Albuquerque


We woke up Tuesday morning to snow in Tucumcari, New Mexico. We took our time leaving because we figured time would be our friend, but it actually started snowing harder once we were on the road. We had planned on taking a side trip to Santa Fe to spend one night, but scratched that since it's a higher elevation and gets more snow. Instead, we decided to spend the night in Albuquerque. And am I glad we did! We visited Old Town and it was fully decked out for Christmas. Seeing all the beautiful decorations there really put me in a Christmas mood! I took loads of pictures -- so many that I'll need to organize them to post! These are just a few teasers. By the way, we kept hearing this Elvis Presley/Martina McBride duet on the radio, so I thought I'd post it!









2 comments:

Ann said...

I bought the Elvis Christmas Duets CD yesterday--it's great--listened to it 3 times at work ( over a 10 hour period)! Most of the sdongs are the ones that were on his Christmas album from the 50's or 60's--we played that to death at my house!
Beautiful photos!

Vee said...

Looks like a pretty town, Beck. Can't wait to see more. Drive carefully!