Saturday, December 27, 2008

Berry-licious Peach Crisp


We started a new Christmas tradition this year. Michael's never been wild about the traditional Christmas cakes and pies, but he loves berries, apples, and peaches. He's a Northwest berry-loving boy! I'm not wild about eating a lot of pie crust, so I decided to make a crisp for Christmas dessert. He picked up the fruit for me at a Whole Foods on his way back from work on Christmas Eve, and I mixed up a crisp to pop in the oven when I warmed up all the side dishes. I consolidated the best ideas from a couple of online recipes, and we all loved it! Here's the recipe. It made 6 'large' servings at our house.

Berry-licious Peach Crisp

3 cups peaches (frozen are fine)
2 cups berries (raspberries & blueberries)
1/4 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla

Toss peaches and berries with sugar and vanilla. Put into bottom of adequate baking dish. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

5 T. melted butter
3/4 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. light brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Combine above ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle over top of fruit in the baking dish. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. The fruit should be bubbling and the topping browned. Serve with french vanilla ice cream!

P.S. They sent me back out for apples today to try the same recipe, so we'll be eating Apple Berry-licious Crisp tonight!

2 comments:

IslaZina said...

I cook, but I don't bake much. This I can do! Thanks.

jeanie said...

Yummo! I feel a new craving coming on. LOL every time I think about you Beck I crave CAKE.