Tuesday, June 26, 2012

So Mexican


On taqueria time.


Could this heartthrob be the next El Presidente?


Beer bucket planter.



A mess of meter confusion.


Superior street cat.


 Re-purposed headboard.


Poodle on board.


 Red flag on a stick.



Tostada chips airing on cookie sheets on the wall where Guerrero meets Chimbo's.  Sand, bird droppings, cats, doggies -- I don't think I'll ever feel the same about an order of guac and chips.


Very official non official signs?


A religious procession headed down the airport strip.


Okay, I always look at this restaurant and sign and think it's just so politically incorrect.  Well, little did I know, La Negrita is the Black Madonna south of the border.  Costa Rica's patron saint!


Street blockade.  It's far superior to just throwing down a pile of rocks and palm fronds in lieu of warning cones.


Mexican Coca Cola!  Disfruta!


5 comments:

Ann said...

I know I have said it before, but it bears repeating--you have so a great eye for photography! The way you can group a bunch of shots is great!

drgeo said...

Was the red flag on a stick leftover from a sandcastle war? Or did it mean the surf was too rough for swimming?

Connie said...

Great photos. Keep them coming! It has been a while since I have been to Isla - about a year and a half. I use to go two or three times a year so I am enjoying your photographic talent.

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I'm actually having a tough time organizing my brain right now to post.

drgeo, they look very makeshift! Guess there's no city budget for warning flags (and filling potholes). Remember when they used to have lifeguards?

Connie, thanks! And I'm not sure when our next trip will be either.

drgreo said...

"Organizing your brain" trouble is called "brain freeze" and you are very lucky to have it in temps of 111ยบ ! Beat that heat!