Sunday, June 24, 2012

Last Sunday at M & J's

I might have forgotten that last Sunday was Father's Day except for the fact that it's evidently Father's Day in Mexico too. And boy do they celebrate big, but I'll save that for another post!  Despite being sick, we decided to make the best of our last full day on Isla Mujeres and start the morning with Sunday brunch at M & J's Cazuela.


M & J's has just gotten better and better over the years, and their latest location on Guerrero is beautiful!  In our early years, they were located in the bottom corner of the Rocamar with tables out by the turtle sculpture.  While that location had a great view, it was often windy and cold at the outdoor tables in the winter months, not to mention if you didn't arrive early enough during the warmer months you were blasted by the sun.  The weather was perfect last Sunday, so we chose a table in the shade on the front patio.






An old photo of the Temple Ixchel, still intact way back then, graces the front wall.


If you've never tried one of their cazuela's, you don't know what you're missing.


And while you're waiting for your order, you can look at their historical gallery of old photos of the island.




The food soon arrived.  My plate, the Holbox Omelette, came with a side of fruit and their delicious potatoes.



And just look at Craig's Cazuela M & J con Jamon!  Could someone please fix me one of these this morning?  I'm starving just looking at these photos!


4 comments:

Ann said...

Making me hungry, too!

drgeo said...

Now I have to change my shirt.

drgeo said...

PS Anybody at your house now healthy enough to take care of the others?

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, I actually fixed Huevos Mexicana after posting this. drgeo, I'm finally over the sinus crud, and the son with the broken wing is almost healed and ready to fly to coop.