Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Life's a Beach Wagon

One of our favorite things to do in Bisbee is walk the hills. The town's elevation is about the same as Denver (a mile high), so it's 15 to 20 degrees cooler than home and we can take long morning walks without overheating.

Tuesday morning while walking the loop around the town, I spotted an old blue VW van. The body shop across the street actually had its garage door painted to match the van. As I was snapping photos, I suddenly noticed the decal in the back window! Take a look!













I think I need one of these! (The van and the decals!)



4 comments:

krisla said...

gosh...my family had one of the originals when I was young, & it prob wasn't much different from that...(except for those back window signs!) -kris

Ann said...

Cool! Hope you can find one!

Life's a Beach! said...

Ann, Bisbee was full of retro cars. Craig and I joked that we should trade in my newer Bug for an older car that doesn't have all the doo dah's that break constantly. Kris, I'm not sure they made bumper stickers like that when I was a kid. I just want one of the Life's a Beach stickers. I looked at the other one for awhile before I realized it wasn't the name of a German manufacturer. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Very cool - looks like an old hippie van - if I remember correctly a friend of mine had one like that.

Jeanne