Sunday, August 1, 2010

Casa Louise Ixchel Restaurante

Before I forget, here's a restaurant on Isla that almost got away from me. It was only two doors down from Casa Luna Turquesa where we stayed on the last leg of our trip, so it's a shame I didn't discover it until the last day. I'd been walking past it for days without noticing the restaurant open sign.

I woke up hungry on my last morning on the island, but knew I needed to get my seaglass sorted and bags packed. I'd planned on eating my last Isla meal at the Mango Cafe, but by the time I was done cramming stuff in suitcases, I was short on time. I then remembered the restaurant at Ixchel, and I'm so glad I did!

The restaurant's up at the very top of the Casa Ixchel Hotel under a palapa roof. I couldn't believe how breezy and cool it was up there with treetop views of the ocean and colonias.




I ordered the French Toast and added a side of tocino. I was shocked when the gourmet plate arrived. To die for! I've always liked the French Toast at the French Bistro, but this was truly special. The best dessert I'd had on the island with coconut on the outside. Truly decadent!

The fruit plate that came before the meal.

The entire breakfast came to 65 pesos and left me wondering why we hadn't eaten dinner or lunch there during our stay at Luna Turquesa. Next trip we'll be there! I imagine the restaurant at night is a very romantic setting high in that palapa with the waves crashing on the shore in front!

1 comment:

Ann said...

The food looks yummy! Another great place to add to my list to try in Jan. Will probably gain 10 lbs!