Monday, August 9, 2010

Infidelity

I figured that post title would get hits from all over the place! No, Craig and I are fine, but we're in the process of cheating on Isla. We've been flip flopping on the destination for a Thanksgiving vacation, and the airfares and another gorgeous penthouse have made up our minds.

A few years ago, we planned a trip to the Puerto Vallarta area, but life intervened and we didn't get to go. So now the time seems right. In the process of searching airfares last week, I noticed that the direct flight from Phoenix to Puerto Vallarta was $200 per person cheaper than the Phoenix to Cancun fares. And then yesterday, while browsing through VRBO listings, I found this beautiful condo in Bucerias, north of Puerto Vallarta. OMG! I can actually fall asleep outdoors with a palapa roof over my head on a sofa listening to the waves while Craig's in the bedroom watching television! Dream come true!

So anyway, that's why I've been absent for a few days from the blog and Facebook. Planning another adventure takes time! We'll spend a week in Bucerias, and then we plan on moving to someplace different for the last four nights. Anyone ever stayed in a palapa in Yelapa? If I can get over my scorpion phobia, maybe we'll give that a try!

13 comments:

MD in Texas said...

I am SO SO SO Jealous. Bucerias is on my bucket list after finding it a couple of years ago! You better take tons of pictures (like I even have to ask!) and give us all the details!

Donna

Life's a Beach! said...

Donna, this condo reminds me a lot of your little slice of heaven. It's kind of fun planning a trip to someplace I haven't memorized! Now I'm seriously thinking we'll spend the last four nights in Yelapa at Hotel Lagunita. I think Craig'd love it. And I will take LOADS of pictures!

MD in Texas said...

I can't wait! :-)

So I bookmarked the website of the place. I noticed it says two week minimum. If you are staying two weeks, then I am even more jealous!

Looking forward to vacationing vicariously through you!

Donna

Life's a Beach! said...

Donna, it says two week minimum, but we're just staying one week. Then we'll spend 4 nights somewhere else. I'm still investigating that!

jeanie said...

That condo looks gorgeous Beck! The only negative I can see is that despite dozens of activities available.....there is no zip-lining!
LOL I know how much you love that.

Life's a Beach! said...

Actually Jeanie, there's not a zipline off the balcony, but there are numerous zip tours in the P.V. area. My husband has already informed me that he wants to do one again. He thought it was awesome? Me -- NOT SO MUCH! I'll opt for doing some shopping that day!

Isla Deb said...

Looks like a great place, Beck! I'll keep it on my wish list...thanks for posting it.

Chrissy y Keith said...

Let me know if you have any questions. I am very familure with the area. Our friends live in the small town of Guayabitos, just 20 minutes north of Bucherias. You might want to stay in the smaller towns of San Francisco or Sayulitas for the 4 other days.

Moongrl722 said...

I say that I don't mind if you go, as long as we get pics and reports. So, there you have my permission... do it. :)

Life's a Beach! said...

Chrissy, I'm seriously thinking about Yelapa for the other four days. I've been intrigued by the place for years and think I'd kick myself if I missed the experience. I think we'll do the small beach towns north of Bucerias during the week we're there. But I may have questions for you!

Jana, the condo owner got back again today and I think the penthouse is a done deal. Woo hoo!

Vee said...

Hey Beck - I'm catching up on blog reading after being away a week. Looks like you've made a great choice for your fall trip. I think Jeanne in NC has been to Bucerias - there used to be a message board, but the guy who ran it died.

Chrissy y Keith said...

Yelpa does look interesting. Have a blast. The drive from Bucherias to the smaller communities north is short, so day trips would be just fine.

Jeanne in NC said...

Just saw this post - Vee mentioned to me that you were going to Bucerias. Yes, I've been there and am going back this January for a week. I loved it there - small town - some great restaurants - stunning sunsets.

Here's were we stayed last time and where I have reserved for January:

http://www.casadelareyna.com/twobedroom06.htm

The upstairs two bedroom suite.

You'll love it there. Easy access to surrounding towns via taxi too.