Thursday, August 19, 2010

Chunk Kay

No, this post is NOT about my current condition! (Although, I am in quite a state after my progressive dining on Isla and all that Italian food and cream pie I consumed in Kansas!) I've been forgetting to tell you all about a new restaurant we happened upon one afternoon on Isla. Actually, Marcela from Isla Beckons mentioned it to me when I was checking in at Deep Blue, but I completely forgot about it until we saw the sign when we were riding in the golfcart one day and decided to give it a try.

The name of the restaurant is Chunk-Kay and it's located right next to Veradero, the funky Cuban restaurant on the boat canal. If you know where the gym is on Isla out by the junior high -- it's right behind that. It was empty when we arrived, but I did notice a local realtor at the bar before we left. I'm hoping it catches on because the food's good and it's a nice addition to out-island dining!


We took a seat up off the sand at a table under the main palapa.

Craig ordered a Dos Equis Amber for his first course.

Chunk-Kay has a very nice bar! I didn't get a photo of our waiter, but I recognized him as one of our young friends from Bally Hoo.


I had to walk out by the dock and snap a photo. It's blue and you know how I love blue!

The restaurant is a very large palapa with seating in the pavillion by the bar and also out on the sand.

The waiter brought pico de gallo and chips to start. They were very fresh!


And look at these shrimp tacos! Muy muy bueno!

6 comments:

Sue said...

Chunk-kay...lol!! That was funny

Jane said...

Chunk Kay looks wonderful!!!

Vee said...

Looks like a great place, Beck. First time I've heard of it. Thanks!

Linda said...

How were those shrimp prepared? Looks yummy!!!

Linda
Isla Chica

jeanie said...

Yummo.....I'm in!

Ann said...

Another for the list! Looks good!