Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Flora

I could use some flora in my life today. Yesterday, I cut a curb too close and ended up ruining one of my low profile tires on the Beetle. So that cost four new tires and a lot of hassle in the hot temps of Arizona. Today, I'm headed to my dentist for him to fix the problems left by the former dentist. And that'll be a new crown. Ugh! Here are some snapshots of Isla flowers and plants!


Vinca just jutting out of the rubble!


And a stray hibiscus that popped out from somewhere!

I think these are hibiscus. They're a gorgeous pale pinky lavender.

I swear, philodendrens get monstrous in the tropics!


Is that a banana tree?



These are gorgeous what-you-something's. I may know what they are, but it eludes me right now!



3 comments:

Sue said...

That purple one you called Hibiscus is actually copa de vino. The one of the banana tree -yup, that's what it is. And the other one, the pink, is oleander. Great shots! Sorry about the tires - why 4 when you only broke one?

Life's a Beach! said...

Sue, I punctured the sidewall of the only good tire on the car. The other three tires were low on tread. So we figured we'd better bite the bullet. That banana tree is back behind Capi's, but I bet you knew that! Copa de vino -- I must remember that! Thanks Ann!

Isla Deb said...

Ooh-boy...two of the terrible "T's": Tires and Teeth. Worse when you experience them on the same day. But Isla flowers always make things a little bit better. Beautiful shots!