Monday, August 2, 2010

I Love a Good Clothesline!

I have no idea why I'm so fascinated with clotheslines on Isla. I guess it's one of my many peculiarities. But I do know that getting clothes dry in the tropics requires skills I don't possess. Whenever I attempt what I call my Mexican laundry day, the clothes I hang to dry end up having that faint mildew smell. Here's my clothesline tour of Isla!


Distant clotheslines!

The woman at the Dulceria across from the elementary school in town is on to me, so I have to snap it from a distance. I guess I wouldn't want photos of my bras posted on the internet either. I apologize if she reads my blog (highly doubtful)!

Even the most humble clothesline has its charm.

Since people don't have backyards, clothes are hung out front.

Love the stripes!


I snapped this one down the street from the laundry that we used when we stayed in La Gloria.



These people have a very organized system for hanging clothes!


Looks like man laundry to me!


Another driveby clothesline shot from the golfcart.



(To be continued next trip!)

7 comments:

Vee said...

Love it - a clothesline tour! I usually take a few shots of clotheslines, too. Great photos!

Ann said...

I think this is something I've never photographed! We have a clothesline on our balcony & on the rooftop where we stay & I usually put stuff out late in the day & it's dry in the morning ( as long as it doesn't rain!)

Chrissy y Keith said...

I love clothes lines. I hang all of our clothes out all year long here in AZ. I think alot of people have those wringer type things in Mexico that gets a lot of the water out before they hang them.

Catz said...

Love your frame of mind - shots of real life!!

Catz said...

Love your frame of mind - shots of real life!!

Anonymous said...

If you don't want your bra laundry to appear on the internet, you shouldn't hang them on a line in front of your store!

Jejeje!!!

Linda
Isla Chica

Anonymous said...

si alguien vive en mexico conozco una lavanderías en queretaro mexico su servicio es realmente bueno si alguien interesado visita thair Link:
https://lavanderias.net/mexico/lavanderias-en-queretaro/