Monday, December 7, 2009

A Few Christmas Vignettes

I've been busy decorating for Christmas, so thought I'd include some photos on my blog. I'm so glad I'm done because as an older relative used to say, I'm now 'down in the back.' Actually, it's the hip and right leg and it's a lot more intense than normal back pain. I was up all night taking ibuprofen and rubbing stinky old people cream (that's my son's phrase for all the icy hot products) on it. Craig and I think the sudden onset of extreme muscle aches may be related to the swine flu shots we took yesterday. I'm hoping so, because then it will go away! I'd debated getting the dang thing, but Craig is in and out of schools all over the country in his job, so better safe than sorry! (At least I thought so?) Hopefully, this too shall pass, or I'll be down like that little lamb in the nativity scene below!

























6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your little mexican hat & cactus lights!

Linda
Isla Chica

jeanie said...

Beck you decorations look like Better Homes and Gardens (but better). The only thing I got from the H1N1 shot was a sore arm at the injection site. Of course I couldn't walk through a doorway without hitting my upper arm on the frame.

Ann said...

beautiful--really like the 1st photo & how you hung the cards!

Isla Deb said...

My favorite is the little nativity scene in the Southwestern baking dish. Your place looks great! (Hope your back feels better soon.)

Vee said...

Your home looks beautiful, Beck. You should be proud of your many creations. You're amazing!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks everyone! Jeanie, I think I already had inflammation in my hip and that's why the soreness went there. My arm never got sore? Weird. Or maybe it's just a coincidence, but it's better now.