Friday, September 5, 2008

IZ

I always love listening to local artists when we visit Hawaii. I didn't discover the music of Israel Kamakawiwo (IZ) until after he died in 1997. This is one of my favorite songs of all times, and the video is a tribute to a life and beautiful voice that ended way too early. Recently on a message board, we had a discussion about our wishes for memorial planning (most people's plans involved distributing ashes in tropical locations!). My plans involved Playa Norte, a remote-control toy boat, a fireworks display, and the ashes. :) Take a look at the celebration of Iz's life towards the end of this video. What a fantastic way to go out!




Some more of my favorite Kauai pics!

Beach of the Day -- Craig at Hideaway's

Hanalei Pier

Wainiha Store


Old Stone Church


Hanalei Smoothie Stand

The Road to Ke'e Beach

Sailboat on Hanalei Bay

Surf's Up!



Old Hanalei Post Office


Anini View



Hanalei Bay Sunset

No comments: