Sunday, January 15, 2012

The View from the Left

That would be the view from the left side of the taxi. Fooled ya! I bet you thought I was going to go off on one of my liberal rants.

Recently when we were on Isla Mujeres, I turned on my Flip video camera in the taxi on the ride home from the beach. Unfortunately, I was sitting on the left side of the car, so I didn't get any video of the water or the boats on the right side.  But here's the left view of  Medina from El Centro out to our corner in the colonias!



5 comments:

Ellis Vidler said...

Fascinating to see the island this way. I hope you do more. I'd love to see local people and where they live too. Is the island getting very built up now?

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing. I did a video like this a few years ago from the back of a golf cart.

ajbaxter said...

Neat concept!

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks everyone! Ellis, the island has seen a lot of development in the last 5 or 6 years. The worst are some of the condo projects that were started and abandoned, leaving ugly structures on Playa Media Luna and out by Garrafon. Lots of million dollar homes now line the coast all the way around the island. But the warm hearts and friendliness of the Islenos are still intact. It's still a wonderful place to vacation! : )

Anonymous said...

Today is ethical indisposed, isn't it?