Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hawaiian Themed Saturday

I didn't realize it until this morning, but Saturday was all about Hawaii. We started out at a movie I'd been wanting to see -- The Descendants starring George Clooney. It was a tearjerker, but included scenes from Hanalei, Kauai, one of my all-time favorite beach destinations.  Click here for the movie trailer.

After blowing my nose and drying my eyes (By the way, LOVED the movie!), we headed next door to Ono Hawaiian BBQ for our Hawaiian fix. Craig ordered the Chicken Curry, and I chose the Chicken Katsu. Yum!

Back home, instead of watching the usual Saturday football games and Househunters International in our separate corners, Craig found Blue Hawaii on Netflix and we decided to test out streaming it to our television from his new Christmas laptop. Worked like a charm from one HDMI port to the other! I'd forgotten about this movie, but Craig has fond memories of watching it with his sister back in 1961! Hokey, but it also has scenes filmed in Kauai!



I'd love to have that little red convertible!

And speaking of Hawaii, Michael spent his holidays on the Big Island with friends.

 
He returned a few days ago with a bag of little Guava Macadamia Nut cookies  (I consumed the bag for breakfast).

We may have to book a summer trip to Kauai!  I'm thinking a little cottage west of Hanalei where we can walk to Tunnels and Ke'e Beach?   Until then, the Kauai film fest continues.



6 comments:

drgeo said...

You fell for the "watched it with my sister" line? Just sayin.

ajbaxter said...

We use to stay at Annini Beach on Kauai. Probably my second most fav island. Bora Bora still is my #1

Life's a Beach! said...

drgeo, ha! AJ, I love the Anini area. I've been browsing the cottages, and also looking at some of the view units at Sealodge in Princeville. You can supposedly walk down to Anini from there on an old road. We always see rainbows when we're down there!

Rebecca said...

I've never been but I AM IN LOVE with your pictures.

Tom said...

You're more than welcome to come visit out here to take pics on the NH Seacoast where clotheslines are still quite common (especially the round ones that blow around in circles in the wind) as well as our place on a Maine lake. That's where you REALLY see clotheslines as very few have dryers. My wife was embarrassed at first to hang out some of my 'work' t-shirts until she saw some of the other displays-no problem now. :)

Life's a Beach! said...

Tom, one of these days I want to head that way again in the fall! Love Maine and New Hampshire, especially the seacoast!