Sunday, February 6, 2011

Some Beach, Somewhere

I didn't get in a whole lot of beach days on this trip, but came to the conclusion that I didn't need to go to Playa Norte to enjoy the sand and water. I had a beach right in front of my home away from home where I could wade in the water, collect seaglass, listen to the crashing waves, and read a book in comfortable chairs. The weather during my trip required flexibility as far as finding a spot that wasn't too cold or windy. One day I sat at Chimbo's in front of Ixchel, the next time at Playa del Sol.

I was surprised that Playa del Sol was relatively quiet. No large daytripper boats docking on the day I visited, and no loud music from the Caribbean Queen! I'd also forgotten that Rogelio was at Playa del Sol, so it was just like old times! I spent a few sunny hours there wading in the water, reading my book, and taking in the scenery.



The couple next to me opted for a serenade with lunch.


Never seen the bar open, but the swings make a cool beach photo!


For lunch, I decided on some guacamole and chips from my favorite waiter.




The basket man tries to sell his 'briefcases'.


Love the colorful headdress!

Sombrillas!

The swing bar dock.

Dad and son.

They pyramids of Isla.

Aargh aargh. Phoenix definitely hasn't been warm since I've been home. I wish I could beam myself back to the beach!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool sand pyramids!

Jeanne

drgeo said...

Next time fill one of those baskets with sunshine for the return home! Like a jar of lightening bugs?

Life's a Beach! said...

drgeo, the sun is back! And the temps are warming. Once again, we're having our own little form of a norte dip down with wind and cooler temps. But in Phoenix, you never hear anyone wishing for the arrival of summer! At least if I'm working from home this spring, I won't totally miss the nice time of year!

Jeanne, they were just sitting there on Playa del Sol unblemished. Don't know if a kid had been there, or an adult got creative!