Sunday, February 27, 2011

Alexia and Geovanny's

Sometimes simple and cheap are just as good. For example, we ate at a Zagat-rated restaurant in Phoenix the other night and the simple Mexican food on the menu cost in the $15 to $20 range for enchilada and taco plates. I ordered the enchilada suizas expecting a tastey creamy fattening melt in your mouth dish. What I got was a dry baked pale version of the enchilada suizas I'd find anyplace on Isla Mujeres. I think they left off the sauce? Seriously!

One of our favorite breakfast places on Isla Mujeres is simple and extremely reasonable -- Alexia and Geovanny's at the market on Guerrero. I never take notes on pricing, but I'd estimate breakfast for two was in the 100 pesos range.



Everything's colorful, clean, bright, and crisp -- just like the sign!



Friendly Alexia & Geovanny staff.



Chicken Enchiladas Verde



Huevos Mexicana


The best things in life aren't necessarily free, but they don't always have to be served up by a gourmet chef in a Zagat rated restaurant!




4 comments:

drgeo said...

Perhaps you should leave the photos as a "tip" in the Phoenix restaurant? I bet you were too kind to send the food back to the kitchen.

Life's a Beach! said...

drgeo, we were with a larger group,so maybe that's why mine was dry? Don't know. And you're right, it'd be rare for me to send food back. We have a loncheria type Mexican joint close to us in a strip mall down the road. The plate of enchiladas in red sauce I get for $3.70 is way better that the Zagat rated enchilada suizas. In fact, next time I have people for dinner, I might get 3 enchilada plates takeout, put them in a baking dish, and zap them in the microwave! HA!

Jana said...

I love A & G. Their chilequilas ROCK!!! Their pancakes are awesome, too.

Anonymous said...

I loved the food when I was there - was for breakfast. I got some egg dish - don't remember what exactly - think it was a Mexican omelet. My friend got the Huevos Divorciados to celebrate her divorce - both were excellent!

Jeanne