Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Isla Serendipity

On Sunday after buying my morning juice at Ronco from Mr. Okey Dokey (that's his favorite English phrase to deal with those of us who don't speak Spanish), I walked south another block and turned into an area I hadn't traveled this trip. Since I didn't have the camera with me, I vowed to make the route with camera again on Monday morning before I packed. By the way, I'm back to drinking Simply Orange from a supermarket bottle and it simply sucks!

A large pink compound, the Crayola house, and some other sites are on that little loop before the road turns back to the twisting main street that heads south back to the airport strip. I ran into a good friend from the Juarez El Centro Gang on my walk that morning and ended up back at the Blue Iguana for last minute goodbye coffee. Serendipity! Life happens on the spur of the moment. That's what I love about Isla!



























Now, I must think about taking Saby on her morning walk. It's so cold and windy out there, I think my flight landed in Kansas! (I know, I'm lucky there's not a blizzard and foot of snow.) Why couldn't I return to last week when it was 80 degrees!



6 comments:

drgeo said...

"Why couldn't I return last week..." be careful what you wish for on Feb 2----haven't you seen the movie Groundhog Day? What if you had to live a day on Isla over and over? Hey, not a bad idea!

Life's a Beach! said...

I could live the same day on Isla over and over, just so it's not a hurricane day! : )

Lala Palapa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lala Palapa said...

Your pictures are a great escape from the 24-degree weather that we're experiencing here in Louisiana! THANK YOU! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love the doors in the 3rd photo - as well as all the rest. I read year's ago that the Crayola house is owned by Stevie Ray Vaughn's widow - I wonder if that's true. It's certainly a work of art!

Jeanne

Life's a Beach! said...

Lala, thanks! I so enjoy reading your blog! Jeanne, I also heard it's owned by Stevie Ray Vaughn's widow. I read that some time ago on a message board.