Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Saturday Inspiration!

On Saturday, we made our trip to the Day of the Dead event in downtown Chandler as planned. There was just one problem. My camera forgot to tag along! So you'll just have to believe me when I tell you that the sidewalk was lined with colorful Mexican arts and crafts tables, and in a grassy area of the park, actors dressed in brightly striped serapes and 'dead' makeup were enacting some sort of Day of the Dead drama. Drat. I can't believe I left my camera on the kitchen counter at home!



I did buy a little Frida pendant.





And I also came home with some much-needed inspiration on what to do with the loteria cards I bought on Isla last year. I'll show you the finished product when I'm done!

Hmmmmm . Now that I'm rolling, an Isla Mujeres decoupaged mirror would be cute!

2 comments:

Moongrl722 said...

Ohhh...some of my favorite things: Frida, Day of the Dead and Loteria cards!! Can't wait to see the end result.

Ann said...

You always have such great craft ideas! Look forward to your latest project!