Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This will be my first Halloween at home in a few years! I wish I had some Day of the Dead photos from my trip to Isla last year to show, but the events were pretty much confined to the cemetery because of the rain and wind. Some people put up a small booth in front of the supermarket, but it kept blowing down and was gone by evening. I do have a photo of one lone Dracula on a bike riding round and round in the square, but can't find it now! Here's one pic of some beauties in a local shop.




People in our area really decorate for Halloween, much more than other places we've lived. These pictures are from our favorite Mexican restaurant. Their festive collection grows every year!










I'm hoping we can find some Day of the Dead activities in our area this weekend, but for today my mission is to purchase some Halloween treats that I won't eat!

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

http://bigskysouthernsky.wordpress.com/ said...

well, it's not isla mujeres, but i have some DoD pictures on my blog from lake chapala, and i'll have some more of the street altars here.

here's the link for the blog:
http://bigskysouthernsky.wordpress.com/

barb in the lake chapala area

Life's a Beach! said...

Barb, I'm really interested in the Lake Chapala area! Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to see the street altars on your blog!