Thursday, October 28, 2010

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things!

Craig and I have major wanderlust. We haven't even embarked on our trip to Bucerias and Yelapa yet (less than a month to go!), but we've both been missing Isla Mujeres. Since I'll be working again in February through May or June, we both decided why not just go in January! I came up with all kinds of reasons in my head not to go -- the water's too dang cold that time of year, we'll just have gotten back from a vacation in December, it's high season, the weather on Isla was terrible last winter, on and on . . . . But really! When is it EVER a bad time to go to Isla!

I searched airfares from Phoenix to Cancun last week and found some great deals ($375 roundtrip including all the taxes), but by the time Craig had checked the dates with his work schedule POOF -- they were up over $600 apiece. Drat! The fare fairy had foiled me again. But my O.C.D. kicked in and I was like a pitbull on a bone checking the airline sites every few hours on Tuesday. In the early afternoon, the fares suddenly dropped back to the same $375 number. This time I didn't hesitate!

So we're booked for the last half of January and I can't wait! It'll be a nice reprieve before I return to the computer sweatshop. And on that subject, maybe my bad luck is reversing. I got an email to fill out an employment survey for staffing the work from home positions. I'm not going to get my hopes up because I've been told it takes two to three years to score one of those jobs, but who knows!!! : )

I think all this good news calls for a few of my favorite things on Isla!


Craig missed Milagro's pizza last year, so it might be his first meal on island!

No explanation needed. We're staying on the south end, but we'll rent a golfcart for easy access to the seaglass mine!

Ahhhhhhhh. My blood pressure drops every time I see this!

Pastel umbrellas and toes in the sand!

Nothing more fun than finding old pangas to photograph!

One of the many lovely views from Bally Hoo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a lucky girl Bec a very lucky girl! Enjoy your trips!
Karen in OH

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks Karen! I can't wait to transpose from desert to ocean!

Vee said...

What a life! Glad you're going back so soon!

Katalina said...

Congrats! I'm so happy you get to return to your favorite place! Great photos, as always!

Life's a Beach! said...

I'm a happy happy person right now! : )

Steve Alt said...

Where's the sea glass mine??? We will be in Isla in January.