Friday, October 1, 2010

Room With a View

I've had my toes in the sand and/or body in the 'burbs for the past four years and forgotten how much fun city life can be. I grabbed a quick seafood salad at Joe's down on the corner yesterday afternoon, then opened the curtains when I got back up to the room. I've been mesmerized by the view out my window ever since! Must pull myself away and go for a walk!


Seafood salad with shrimp, crab, and lobster.

The street view below.


And the vista above.

That building on the far right is the Trump Tower.


And the clock tower on the Wrigley building is directly out my window. It keeps changing its colors! I'd better get out there and see something!

8 comments:

Vee said...

Love Chicago! Have fun exploring and keep taking lots of photos, Becky!

Moongrl722 said...

I love the clock tower and that seafood salad looks delicious!!

Anonymous said...

You have some great views, I love those views at night with all the lights. Enjoy the city and be safe!
Karen in OH

Ann said...

I have only passed through the airport in Chicago--what a great view out of your window!

drgeo said...

Michigan Avenue from the lake all the way to the Field Museum is the most heavily patrolled area in all Illinois. Chicago wants you to feel safe in their largest tourist area. Last time I was there I saw a cop about every 3 minutes. You are safe there.

jeanie said...

Chicago, Chicago that wonderful town.......

Have a great time my friend!

jeanie said...

Chicago, Chicago that wonderful town.......

Have a great time my friend!

Linda said...

What cool architecture Chicago has!

Linda
Isla Chica