Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Streets of Chicago

I'm finally back home and I got my wish. I returned to rain and cooler temps in Phoenix Monday afternoon. In fact, I got lucky and my flight landed yesterday. They diverted a lot of flights to Albuquerque due to the bad afternoon storms in this area. When I walked Saby this morning in shorts and a t-shirt, I was actually cold! So wooooo hooooooo! Hopefully, we're done with 100 degree temps until May.

On Sunday in Chicago, I took to the streets with my already badly blistered feet. Toes that are used to flip flops did not do well encased in regular shoes. Here are some shots from the walking tour.

Streets of Chicago (sounds like a pizza chain).

My kind of place!


City gate.


More gorgeous architecture!


Cool parking garage!


The famous Harry Caray's.


This guy would only dance when the tips got big enough.


Some window shopping at the Merchandise Mart.


The fanciest 7-Eleven I've ever seen!

Beautiful old clock!


Everywhere you look, there are beautiful river scenes.


Love this drinking fountain for horses and people!

Those Chicago people are huge fans!

Cars speeding by, honking horns, coffee shops -- it's all part of the city scene.


Chicago has plenty of flying rats! Maybe they view them as squab? Either way, I think they're prettier than Arizona pigeons!


4 comments:

Ann said...

Great photos! I've never been to Chicago except thru thru the airport a few times--looks like it would be interesting place to explore!

jeanie said...

Is the 'dancing for tips' guy real? If so that would really freak me out!

Linda said...

All your photos make me want to take a trip back to Chi-town!!!

Linda
Isla Chica

Life's a Beach! said...

Thanks everyone. I've got enough photos of Chicago to last until my Mexico trip in November, but I probably won't drag it on that long. Jeanie, the guy was frozen like a statue until the tips got big enough. Then he danced to Michael Jackson music. Linda, you're so close! I bet it's a fun weekend trip!