Tuesday, November 3, 2009

On Isla Time!

Yes, I am definitely on Isla time now. It took awhile, but I'm there! I never know what time it is and I'm not wearing a watch. And even my cellphone is an hour off? I thought cellphones automatically updated the time! The reason I'm not wearing my watch is because it died the minute I hit the island. Seriously, it quit! If I could figure out a pattern to the bells in the square, I guess I could tell time that way! But they don't seem to ring on the half hour! There's a clock radio in my room, but no plug-in for it! So someone is telling me to kick back and just be in the moment!

I left the room somewhere in the vicinity of 10 a.m. today with every intention of going direct to Playa Norte for a quick dip. I ran into an acquaintance on Hidalgo and had a great chat for over an hour. I'm guessing I got to Playa Norte sometime around noon. Shortly after I'd paid for a lounger at Chimbo's, I ran into old friends in the water and spent hours with them on the beach. Lunch from Comono, Happy Hour at Bally Hoo, and dinner at La Lomita. Enchilada suizas. No pictures, but oh my God it was good! Now I understand why things often happen on Isla manana! I threw all my plans out the window and had a blast with friends I hadn't seen in a few years.

I spent about thirty minutes hunting seaglass this morning on my walk. In addition to my obsession with seaglass and seashells, I'm also obsessive about photos of Isla doors. And there's certainly no shortage of doors to photograph on Isla!


They painted this casa on Juarez. I love the new colors! Bravo!


Not even a door, but I guess the fabric acts like a screen door and gives some privacy.


Love this old blue door along Juarez!

Cool old red door on the malecon.

Look at these distinguished doors on Hidalgo!

And these old rustic doors are also favorites!


Door on the zocalo.

Another Juarez door.


These are Deb's doors from the header on her blog, Choosing Doorways. They remind me of Let's Make a Deal Doors because you have doors number one, two and three. Grasshopper says man who choose wrong door in life destined to wander down path of bad fortune. Actually, I made that up, but you probably already realized that! LOL

6 comments:

Sue said...

Those are the best days, the ones that just happen. Glad you just went with the flow.

Ann said...

Great to be spontaneous....and to run into lod friends! Am looking forward to no schedule on our upcoming trip--always have had the bash to work around in the past!

Vee said...

What a perfect day! And I really love the photos of doors, Beck. Can't wait to hear what you do today.

Life's a Beach! said...

Sue, so sorry I missed you! Have a good trip, and I hope I'll be back soon.

Vee, I got my walk and a trip to the fruit shop in before a little morning downpour. Now I think I'll head down to the seaglass mine. All I can think about are the enchilada suizas I had at La Lomita last night, and how soon I can go back again!!! : ) Think I'll try to get to the beach again today for another nice swim. The water is cool, but great!

And Ann, the island is wonderful right now because the pace is slow. Book that trip!

Isla Deb said...

My doors!! What a surprise to see them on your blog! You know I love ALL the doors on Isla. Great post!

Bennie said...

Wow you made it to Isla time. That's fantastic and it sounds like you had a really great day. Those are the best.

I love the door photos.