Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Bistro Francais

The French Bistro is one of our favorite restaurants on Isla. The food is predictably wonderful, and that and Victor's excellent service keep us returning year after year. The restaurant is usually our choice for our first night on the island meal, and this last visit was no exception. We headed there shortly after dropping our bags.

I've always loved the Bistro's tile and shell mosaics.

And wall murals.

Seated at our usual table out by the street with a nice breeze, I ordered the shrimp kebabs. Craig chose the filet mignon in pepper sauce. The kebabs, as usual, were out of this world, and Craig's filet absolutely melted in the mouth. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

My shrimp kebabs.

And the filet mignon in pepper sauce.

Sometimes, if I'm not all that hungry, I'll opt for the portobello mushroom salad as my entree. I also love the French Bistro for breakfast. The French toast and tocino!

I didn't see Petey perched in the restaurant at either breakfast or dinner this trip, so I'm wondering if something's happened to him? I hesitated to ask Victor because I worried that maybe Petey was no longer of this earth. Anyone seen Petey lately?

6 comments:

Ann said...

Making me hungry for Isla food!

Isla Deb said...

OMG, that kabob looks wonderful! I've never had dinner there...only breakfast. It's definitely on my list for next time...which is only a month away! Whoo-hoo!!

jeanie said...

My favorite place on Isla. We've been fans since he first opened. He used to cook on a gas BBQ out on the sidewalk and the first thing I spotted (from Hildago) were huge baked potatoes. Veggies were a rare find at the time.

Life's a Beach! said...

I wish I could duplicate those shrimp kabobs at home! Someone posted on a message board that Paul Newman's light balsamic dressing tastes a lot like what Victor uses to marinate his portabello mushrooms. I tried it and it's a pretty close copy of that salad of his!

Sue said...

Always a consistent favorite when we can wait until 6 pm or so to eat. We love the baked potatoes and the bread basket, and the kebobs, of course.

Bennie said...

I've never had breakfast there. But I do love the food. Won't be long and I'll have dinner there.