Monday, November 9, 2009

The Calm After the Storm

After eating a bowl of soup late afternoon at Sancochos, I took a stroll down Medina with the camera. By the way, the crowd at Sancochos was in prime form. You'd never know there was a hurricane. Lots of fishermen and locals seemed to be out in the streets. I saw a lot of people who'd really been celebrating hard if you get the drift! The marina at Bally Hoo was empty, and lots of pangas were pulled up onto the beach.

Suddenly I noticed the setting sun. It was one of the most spectacular sunsets I've seen on Isla through it's entire progression. I guess Ida was giving Isla a little parting present.









I was so glad I got off Hidalgo and took that walk! Absolutely stunning! My return flight home is booked on Wednesday afternoon, so I'll be hanging around a few more days. I plan on an early morning treasure hunt tomorrow!

8 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful! Glad you fared well through the storm!

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for the on-the-spot reporting of the status of the storm and conditions on our favorite island. Your photos are absolutely beautiful and we're all glad you're OK! Have fun the next few days!

Vee said...

Beautiful sunset, Beck! Hope you enjoy a few more before you leave. Good luck with beachcombing this morning!

Chrissy y Keith said...

just the photos alone from thsi trip are going to keep you busy between visits. Glad you stayed over the weather the storm. You are not missing a thing here in the Valley.

Anonymous said...

That 1st sunset photo is fantabulous!

Thanks for being our reporter on-location this week! Glad you got a few extra days to stay.

Linda
Aka Isla Chica

Isla Deb said...

Great sunset photos, Beck. Glad you're okay and have a safe trip back!

LarsMn said...

Beautiful pics!!
Hope you are doing well. It's been a while since the last time I "talked" with you. The baby (Sam) just turned one, and we decided to buy a new house. Take care!

Life's a Beach! said...

Lars, congrats on Sam! I was wondering about you!

Thanks everyone. I need to pack tonight! It's been a trip full of new experiences, and now I'm ready to get back home to Arizona!