Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Seaglass

I have all my seaglass haul from this trip in two big containers -- an old wicker tray in the living room and an old wooden bowl in the family room. I started getting out the Christmas decorations this weekend and discovered I could throw some old glass Christmas ornaments into the mix to dress the seaglass up for Christmas! I'm starting to get some Christmas spirit!




On a bummer note, I took my Bug in yesterday to get the back window fixed. The first place didn't want to do it, so we had to take it to the dealership. What a racket! Over $400 to fix the damn back window, and they've had it since yesterday afternoon. Not exactly prompt service for the price! I read that it was one of those little design flaws that never got recalled. And then they tried to scare us into a bunch of other overpriced services. Grrrrrrrrrrr. Bah Humbug! Won't be going back there!

3 comments:

Vee said...

Pretty treasures, Beck! Tim had a New Beetle until a couple of years ago. Every time something broke, it cost a fortune to fix it.

Life's a Beach! said...

Vee, that's exactly what I'm finding out. I think the solution is to find a good mechanic other than the dealership. The dealership also recommended over $1000 in little maintenance crap, including a $225 brake flush. Right. I see signs all over town for $59 brake flushes! The service guy's total concern was on up-selling, not getting my repair done in a timely manner. What's that famous George Bush line? Fool me once --- uhhhhhhhhh -- you know -- you can't fool me again?

Bennie said...

Wow that is a lot to fix a window. I have not had to have that done in years. I hate that sinking feeling when you have to go to the dealership to have something done.